1. a hollow muscular organ that by rhythmic contractions and relaxations keeps the blood in circulation throughout the body.
2. The center of the total personality, esp. with reference to intuition, feeling, or emotion.
3. love or sympathy.
4. courage or enthusiasm.
5. the innermost or central part of anything.
6. a conventional figure representing a heart.
7. a playing card of the suit bearing such figures.
The heart is defined as the center of the total personality, with reference to intuition, feeling, emotion, love, sympathy, courage or enthusiasm. The innermost or central part of anything. My heart paintings are created from the emotions I am feeling at the time. I approach the subject with no preconceived ideas and sketches. The result is uninhibited and unpredictable self expressive paintings. I strive to create compositions filled with motion, tension, energy, and innovative visual relationships between line, shape, and color.
© Random House Dictionary.
"The place where I had freedom most was when I painted. I was completely and utterly myself." - Alice Neel
My aim is a continuous, sustained, uncontrived image, motivated by nothing but passion. - Rico Lebrun